Gravesham Pride CIC is a non-profit company with a mission to promote Diversity, Inclusion and Social Cohesion in the Borough of Gravesham. We are managed and operated solely by volunteers who donate their time and professional experience to provide events and support services to the LGBTQIA+ communities of Gravesham. We are active participants in Gravesham’s cultural and arts scene and we also provide training and advisory services to local businesses.
We are now recruiting a Volunteer Administrator and Secretary to the Board and Pride Committee
Duties & Responsibilities.
- Manage the scheduling of Board and Committee and Meetings.
- Create and distribute Agendas and Minutes.
- Manage & Update Group & Shared Calendars.
- Maintain company and committee records.
- Handle general enquiries and redirect as appropriate.
- Management of Mailing Lists & Membership.
- Preparing and disseminating correspondence, messages and forms.
- File and update contact information of volunteers, customers, suppliers and external partners.
- Support and facilitate the completion of regular reports and compliance documentation.
- Develop and maintain the online filing system.
- Proven work experience as a secretary or office administrator.
- Familiarity with business best practice.
- Well-organised, detail-oriented approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Proficiency in MS Office. (Word, Excel etc.)
Full training will be available although experience in the following or similar would be an advantage:
This role will be the foundation of our administration team and as such you will need to be a proficient all-rounder, initially covering all administration functions as we develop and grow. You must have access to an internet enabled computer and printer. Whilst you should expect to be able to work around your other commitments we estimate this role will require at least 3.5 hours of your time each week. You will also be expected to attend regular evening meetings of the board of directors and the senior committee for Gravesham Pride 2020.
It should go without saying, Gravesham Pride CIC has an inclusive, robust equal opportunities policy. We welcome applications from the LGBTQIA+ community and our allies.
If you have any questions before applying please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please email your CV with a covering message explaining why you would like to volunteer with Gravesham Pride and what Pride means to you, to: email@example.com